Dave is in stable condition so they let him come home tonight. He is asleep in our bed poor guy. He is in alot of pain and very sick from the shock/drugs so has been vomiting. He is on a heavy regimen of 4x a day antibiotics, morphine, Tylenol and Ibuprofen, plus on a strict no caffeine diet. The lowdown on the fingers is that he has lost the top third of his index finger, his middle finger is in critical condition as it was completely amputated, but so far so good, his ring finger is stable as it was left intact by one of two arteries and skin, so that one artery fed the finger enough blood to keep it alive. He is casted up to the forearm and we have to check the colour and blood flow to his finger every hour to make sure it’s healing. He is on bed rest order’s until Thursday when he meet’s with the plastic surgeon.
That’s the good news, kinda.
I hope and pray he get’s workers compensation without hassle since he was injured on the job, he also has sub contractor’s insurance, we will need the help as he will be off work for at minimum a month then only back part time and build from there. Our New York trip is planned in 10 days so I am praying to god he heals enough in the next 9 days that he feel’s up to travel. He won’t need to physically exert himself, just feel well enough to take part in a trip. I guess we will decide next week. I can always cancel the hotel reservations with no problem but I have tickets for the ballet and Spamalot that I would have to either sell or loose the cash on.
Big breaths Jaime. Big breaths. I have to keep it together, I have to take care of my poor baby, it’s my turn to take care of him this time.