NYC Oliver Style..
Dave just put a Dorito on Oliver’s back and it’s funny cause he can smell it but can’t find it, so he is looking everywere for Dorito’s. =)
Today we spent an hour and half strolling in central park, it was lovely and Oliver loved it. Wanted to see the Lennon memorial in Strawberry Fields, as well as the Alice in Wonderland Statue, hoping that since it was December 25th it wouldn’t be flooded with tourists, it still was =( loud and boisterous and packed, oh well, I squeezed in and got my shots, but 90% of the Alice in Wonderland shots are filled with random children and other people climbing all over it…
Now we relax a while then head back out. We have Spamalot on Broadway tonight at 8pm, then we are going to stop by Rockefeller and see the tree lit up at night.
Things I have noticed so far about Manhattan..
1) There are almost no fat people or even chubby people here at all. Guess it’s all the walking and the damn subway stairs, boy oh boy are there alot of subway stairs. I know that I gained 40lbs since leaving Toronto for Halifax due to driving everywere. I guess that is the nice thing about cities like Toronto and Manhattan, they were built to be walked around.
2) There are NO panhandlers at all, the only people I have seen looking for money were subway platform performers and they were just entertaining.
3) There are no blatent in your face sex shops here like are in Montreal and Toronto. Not that I have seen yet.
5) American’s get their visa and debit card together in one card. SMART. We still have two seperate cards.
6) People walk damn fast, I mean people walked fast in Toronto, so I am used to that, but damn, I am 5’2 and I have very short legs, I have a hard time keeping up. Shopping on Maddison Avenue here is better exercise then some cardio classes I have been to.