Well little Miss is still sick, though in much, much better spirits, and her cough seems to be lessening, as is her nasal congestion. She does sound like a 50 year old smoker, but I am assured it’s all phlegm in her throat, not lungs. I took her to the walk in clinic Friday and the doctor reassured me of said phlegm location.
We took her out yesterday for the first time in a week. She attended her first Pow-Wow with myself, Dave, Natashia (aka angel_robbie) and her daughter. Dave bought her some teeny tiny moccasins which I am in love with. She was an angel and made many friends. One very large native gentleman in full Pow-Wow dress found her very amusing as sounded like she was singing along with the chanting, then she lunged forward and tried to gnaw on his hand LOL. I apologized, it seems all hands are potential nom worthy objects these days. Lovely afternoon in the park.
In other news, my baby is 5 months old, wow. Here are some fun facts:
- She is mad teething but no teeth are poking through yet.
- Her blue eyes are changing slowly to green, I am sure they will end up hazel like both her parents.
- She smiles alot and is laughing more and more, Natashia had her in stitches yesterday, it was the best.
- She is proving to be very extroverted, she is at her best around lots of people, the child loves action.
- She hates sitting still, consistent with the above and her insanity while in utero.
- She won’t drink from a bottle, she accepts the NUK one mentioned awhile ago, but doesn’t get much from it, more just dosen’t hate it being in her mouth. However, in all fairness, we never really pushed the issue cause we have not been apart long enough to matter.
- We have started cup training, to just skip the bottle, when she was sick it was hot, she was vomiting and nursing less, so out of dehydration worry I started feeding her water out of a shot glass. She loved it and even held it herself (with help, it’s glass). It made a mess sure, but a bib is an easy solution and she got more liquid then she does from a bottle. Plus it was super flipping cute.
- We are going to get a sippy this week and teach her to use that and loose the bottle idea once and for all.
- She is eating minute amounts of solids, not daily, or on a schedule, more just when she grabs/ show’s interest. She can pick up food and put it in her mouth, and doesn’t push it out with her tongue. She has only ever tried what we eat, thus has had minced spinach, fiddle heads, potato, beets, banana, avocado, chicken and ground beef, and has loved it all. She has probably only had a tablespoon total of food total ever, just a bite here and there, but she is seemingly taking after her dad (former chef) in the food enthusiasm department LOL. I suppose at some point after the 6 months mark we should be regular about food’s but I am in no rush, plenty of milk to go around here. It’s funny though cause get’s mad if you give her something to taste and then stop there, she grabs and melt’s down, then I have to nurse her to distract her.
- She is nearly sitting unassisted, just needs a bit more balance. She can hold herself in standing as well when I prop her up on her forearms, but not for more then a minute tops, when she looks around she falls.
- She is still a daddy hater, much to his dismay, but more tolerant then before.
- She sucks at being worn in the Mai Tai and ring sling cause she won’t stop leaning way sideways to chew on the far away straps. I guess the close straps are just not good enough. We will keep at it though cause she is to heavy for the snuggli now and it’s way to hot for my thick stretchy wrap. I wish I could afford a Beco or Ergo, but in the meantime I want to learn a high back tie with a woven wrap, cause she is curious and I think would enjoy looking out over my shoulder. I am not a huge fan of the Mai Tai I got, should have done more research, it’s not padded and the straps are not wide enough. At least it was cheap.