Slow Cooker Sundays
This Sunday my husband and I made a delicious beef stew in our slow cookers. We had so much fun chopping and prepping food together, we decided we should make this a weekly event. Thus, Slow Cooker Sundays was born. We have decided that we will take turns finding a new slow cooker recipe we want to try, and make it a reality every Sunday. This sounds like a good idea on so many levels, it get’s us cooking together, trying new recipe’s, using our slow cooker more and making enough of each dish to fill an extra freezer bag or two for our deep freeze.
So here I present to you this week’s dish, Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 Parsnips, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 head of cabbage, chopped
- Place meat in slow cooker. In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and celery.
- Cover, and cook on Low setting for 10 to 12 hours, or on High setting for 4 to 6 hours.