I have the smoothie romance bug. What is not to love, take all your favorite things, turn into a tasty shake and drink em up. I also love experimenting with flavours and trying new things.
I have had smoothies for breakfast the past two days. Yesterday was my long tried and true favorite Banana Peanut Butter and Chocolate Smoothy, today was a new one inspired the yummy Avocado milkshakes I used to drink in To. It was delicious; here is what I used:
- 1 very ripe Avocado
- 1 tablespoon of Tahini (for protein and flavour)
- 1 cup skim milk (or soy milk/rice milk/almond milk ect..)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Throw everything into a blender and puree, then bottoms up. Thick, creamy and tasty. I had this at 7:30am and it’s noon I am still not hungry.
Want to know what I put in my Banana, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Smoothy?
- 1 ripe Banana
- 1 tablespoon of pure smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon of pure unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 1 cup skim milk (or milk substitute)
Again, just blend until smooth then drink up. This one is soooo yummy!